Swedish as a Second Language (SAS)
Do you want to improve your Swedish? Then we have the course for you. Swedish as a Second Language offers people who do not have Swedish as their native language an opportunity to develop their communication skills in Swedish.
Linguistic confidence improves opportunities for gaining new skills, further study and taking an active part in society and working life. It is also through language that we express our personality and interact with others in various situations.
About Swedish as a Second Language
The tuition on our Swedish as a Second Language course develops your Swedish and social skills. You will get the opportunity to develop all-round communication skills. This means that you will understand spoken and written Swedish and also be able to express yourself and interact with others in speech and in writing, as well as adapt your language to different situations, purposes and audiences.
You will also have the chance to develop your knowledge of life circumstances, social issues and cultural phenomena in settings where Swedish is used.
What does the course lead to?
The course will help you strengthen your multilingual identity and develop confidence in your language skills, while giving you increased respect for the languages of others and the ways in which they express themselves. The course improves your ability to:
- Understand spoken and written Swedish and interpret content.
- Express yourself and communicate in spoken and written Swedish.
- Use linguistic strategies and aids in various contexts.
- Adapt your language to different purposes, audiences and situations.
- Discuss and reflect on life circumstances, social issues and cultural phenomena in different contexts and areas in which the Swedish language is used.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for people who want to know more about language and culture, and have the opportunity to further develop multilingual abilities, as knowledge of different languages helps broaden your overall skills.
What previous knowledge do I need?
Why choose Eductus?
- The course is centred on you; your requirements, your abilities and your needs.
- We offer you the quickest way to mastering the Swedish language.
- We know what works!
We offer the following courses in Swedish as a Second Language:
- Swedish as a Second Language – basic (SASG)
- Swedish as a Second Language 1 (intermediate level)
- Swedish as a Second Language 2 (intermediate level)
- Swedish as a Second Language 3 (intermediate level)
(NB: You will now be redirected to pages in Swedish.)
How to apply
You apply via the adult education service in the municipality in which you live.